Anyone who can correctly answer all 10 of these questions about Roger Federer ought to consider themselves his greatest fan.
1. Federer’s interests are now listed in the ATP player guide as ‘sitting on the beach, playing cards and table tennis’. But which unusual pursuits used to be on that list?
2. A recent survey of the world’s most respected figures put Federer second, ahead of Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Justin Bieber, The Queen of England, The Pope and Barack Obama. Who is the only person in the world who is more respected than Federer?
3. Forbes magazine have estimated that Federer is the highest-paid Olympian at the London Games. To the nearest million US dollars, what is his annual income (once you have totted up prize-money, appearance fees, endorsements and other deals)?
4. In 2007, Federer became the first living Swiss to do what?
5. What’s Federer’s favourite music?
6. What are the names of Federer’s twin daughters?
7. As a teenager, Federer dyed his hair. What colour?
8. Name both of Federer’s idols.
9. Where and when did Federer win his first singles title on the ATP Tour?
10. What’s Federer’s favourite film?
1. Deep-sea fishing and watching American pro-wrestling.
2. Nelson Mandela.
3. 54 million US dollars.
4. To be featured on a postage stamp – the image was of Federer holding the Wimbledon trophy.
5. He likes Lenny Kravitz and AC/DC.
6. Myla Rose and Charlene Riva.
7. He bleached it.
8. Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg.
9. In Milan, in 2001.
10. Good Will Hunting.