Test your knowledge of the season so far. Answers below.
1. How was history made in five hours and 53 minutes?
2. Who lost to only one player in her first six tournaments of the year but won only one title?
3. Who said “adios” in Miami?
4. Who had a smashing time in a changeover at the Australian Open but still lost?
5. Name the next player in this sequence: Philipp Kohlschreiber, Denis Gremelmayr, Mikhail Youzhny, Gael Monfils, Alex Kuznetsov, Tommy Haas, Lukas Lacko, Feliciano Lopez, Tomas Berdych, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Leonardo Mayer, Marcel Granollers, Alexandr Dolgopolov, David Nalbandian.
6. Who enrolled on a course in kinesiology and explained: “I’ve really gotten into a lot of holistic lately. I hate medicines. I hate having to take, you know – what’s the word – medicine that’s man-made and stuff like that. So I like the holistic.”
7. Who decided to sell an orange BMW sports car in which he had problems with the police?
8. Who won her 82nd WTA title, 19 years after her first?
9. Who won the Karadjordjeva Star Medal?
10. Who listened to Beyonce’s “Freakum Dress” before the biggest match of her life?
1. Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal played in the longest final in Grand Slam history at the Australian Open.
2. Answer: Agnieszka Radwanska, who lost four times to Victoria Azarenka, withdrew before her quarter-final in Kuala Lumpur and won the title in Dubai.
3. Fernando Gonzalez, who played the last tournament of his career at the Sony Ericsson Open.
4. Marcos Baghdatis smashed four rackets in 25 seconds after dropping his serve against Stanislas Wawrinka and went on to lose in four sets.
5. Roger Federer (Nadal’s opponents in 2012, up to semi-finals of Indian Wells).
6. Serena Williams.
7. Bernard Tomic, who was fined twice within 24 hours by police in Queensland.
8. Lisa Raymond.
9. Novak Djokovic, who was presented with Serbia’s highest honour.
10. Victoria Azarenka (before the Australian Open final).